First up, a spring revival of our spare bathroom! Our house only has two bathrooms, and this is the one used by anyone who comes to visit or stay at Chez Pyke, so we wanted it to be a nice visual for guests.
So, the before (apologies for the bad quality iPhone pic). Issues we had with this bathroom:
- Paint color: Our whole house used to be this boring contractor tan. Luckily for me, I have the summer off from school, so last summer Robby and I were able to repaint the whole house top (literally...we had to paint. every. ceiling. Another post for another day.) to bottom.
- Towel rack: The towel rack just seemed in the way of a lot of useable wall space. There is also a towel rack at the back of the shower box that seemed equally as functional.
- Shower curtain: Nothing against this one, but I've had it since my junior year of college (think about how long ago My Humps was the top radio hit).
|Shelves and baskets: Container Store|
|Tiny Boxwood: TJ Maxx|
|Shower curtain: West Elm|
(Probably should have ironed it...oops?)
- Paint Color: Our whole house is now Light French Gray by Sherwin Williams. I love how neutral the color is and how it allows other colors (including the white crown molding) to pop against it.
- Shelves: Robby surprised me while I was out one day by removing the towel rack and installing the three shelves! Robby's parents bought them for us as a gift at the Container Store along with the adorable storage baskets. I also filled two mason jars with Q-tips and cotton wool for some extra décor.
- Tiny Boxwood: I have literally been looking for this little guy for six months. I finally saw him at TJ Maxx this week ($10!) and knew he was the one.
- Shower curtain: I found this online at West Elm for $14.99 with free shipping. Love the bright pop of color in this small bathroom along with the bargain savings!